The police and the courts do provide protection for those who have suffered abuse. This abuse includes bullying and harassment; physical force is not required before the police or courts will act.

Click Here to Know More

pre nup.png

Pre-Nuptial Agreements

The landmark case Radmacher v Granatino in 2010 saw the courts place more importance on the mutual agreement of parties to regulate their own financial affairs, during and following a breakdown of their marriage.

Click Here to Know More



There is presently no specific law regulating the legal relationship of co-habiting couples; the term ‘common law spouse’ is not a legally recognised term and upon breakdown of their relationship, all too often, parties are left with land and trust law to resolve property issues; usually this is all too little, a little too late.

Click Here to Know More

civil partnership.png

Civil Partnership

You need to be in a civil partnership for at least one year before you can apply to court for a dissolution. If you are separated but have been in a civil partnership for less than one year please still speak to our dissolution solicitor about the ways in which you can protect your position.

Click Here to Know More

“Common law spouse is a myth, the laws applying to those married couples or those in a civil partnership do not apply co-habitees”

0113 880 0864

5 Orchard Close, South Milford, Leeds.

LS25 5BQ

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon

Rucklidge Law Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with the registered number 12098511 and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA number 666766.  Registered Office: 5 Orchard Close, South Milford, Leeds, LS25 5BQ. Details of the SRA Standards and Regulations can be found at

©2020 Jill Rucklidge

Website Designed by Novus Marketing Solutions

Contact Us